Techies

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for some Techs to exchange notes, discuss, and help each other.

2 posters

Dell Studio 17

kalsmom08
    User
    User

Dell Studio 17 Empty Dell Studio 17

Post  kalsmom08 Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:54 am

Hey, this is Lea... I got your message on facebook and I saw this link too. I don't know how often you check facebook but I thought I would discuss my problem here too in case you don't get that message soon!

You already know the problem is a cracked monitor. Its a Dell Studio 17 laptop. I wanted to ask if you needed anything more specific than that. The monitor I am pretty sure is 17 because I think thats why they call it a studio 17? lol... I don't know much about these contraptions... hehe!

If we can save MONEY by buying it ourselves that would be great... lol.. but also we are upset about the TIME it would take to ship it to Dell, and wait for them to fix and ship back! Although the money is the most important part... I explained in facebook that we are actually being sucked in to add the extra warranty protection instead of pay the money to fix it. Its saving SOME money but still too much... sigh!

But if you could send us in the right direction to what type of monitor we need that would be cool! :-)
    Admin
    Admin

Dell Studio 17 Empty Re: Dell Studio 17

Post  Admin Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:37 pm

If you are still under warranty I would send it to dell to replace. I say this because if you do have any other problems with it you could send it to them and they would fix them. However if you would like to do it yourself, it's a pretty simple process. You can actually follow these directions: http://computershopper.com/laptops/howto/replace-your-laptop-screen Hope this will help out. They walk you through it step by step. But, If you are under warranty send it back to DELL.
    kalsmom08
    User
    User

Post  kalsmom08 Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:59 am

yea, well the thing is we are NOT under warranty... I mean, its new, but this specific problem isnt covered under our warranty.... hense we would have to PAY to add the warranty, wait a week, then send it! annoying.... lol... Adding the warranty would cost more than buying the screen on our own... and take much longer to get the laptop back! of course NOT adding the warranty and having Dell fix it would shorten wait time, but cost WAY more than fixing ourselves!

Thanks for the website information by the way!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 2:57 am